Enterprises have relied on Oracle applications and services for years. As cloud services have become the new standard, they are deploying Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) services as a way to move their on-premises Oracle technology to the cloud.
Using OCI for new and migrated workloads offers important benefits but presents some new challenges:
- Limited visibility into costs and usage. OCI offers a view into cost management but enterprises are looking for detailed visibility, cost and usage history, and the ability to perform showback/chargeback so they can view cost and usage data in context.
- Difficult to organize OCI assets in a business context. It can be a challenge for organizations to create a detailed asset inventory and understand which OCI assets belong to different teams and lines of business or which assets support particular applications.
- Separate cloud management tools complicate cloud financial management. Enterprises often have a mix of multiple public clouds, hybrid cloud, and data center infrastructure and services. Having OCI data in a separate management tool makes it more challenging to incorporate OCI data in a comprehensive cloud financial management process. It can be manual effort to create a single view of the entire cloud ecosystem – including OCI – in one place.
CloudHealth for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Key Features
CloudHealth provides visibility into OCI costs so enterprises can view all their public cloud costs, including OCI, in a single platform.
Enterprises gain visibility into cost and usage of resources to make informed decisions about proper usage and manage costs. They can also create and track adherence to budgets with a budget vs, actual spend report, gain deep visibility into OCI assets, and view OCI cost data with Perspectives to align cost and usage by business unit for showback.
Gain comprehensive visibility into cost and usage
CloudHealth provides a single platform to manage multicloud resources. Now, CloudHealth can also provide more detailed cost and usage analysis for OCI resources. Admins can view historic resource usage across teams, create cloud usage and cost forecasts, and provide showback for cost management among all cloud users.
Group costs into business groups
CloudHealth Perspectives give admins the ability to group their OCI resources by user-defined business groups such as LOB, functional area, cost center, etc. for cost reporting and showback.
Budget vs Actual spend report
Flexibility to enter and track your budget with insights into the deltas between planned and actual spend.
Visibility into OCI compartments, a comprehensive list of assets (as derived from billing data), and deeper, API-driven reporting on Oracle Virtual Machines
CloudHealth for OCI Key Use Cases
Multicloud Cost and Usage Analysis
- Clear visibility into OCI cloud costs and usage history
- Single platform with cost and usage data for multiple clouds
- Budget vs. Actual report for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure assets
- Gain visibility into all cloud costs to facilitate cloud financial management across the organization
- Track your budget with insights into the deltas between planned and actual spend
Detailed Asset Inventory
- A comprehensive list of assets derived from billing data
- Visibility into OCI compartments, accurate view of OCI assets, and API-driven reporting
Group Costs in Business Context
- CloudHealth Perspectives enable you to create dynamic business groups based on resource tags, compartments, derived assets, regions, and VMs
- Admins can group costs into user-defined business groups
- CloudHealth provides visibility into OCI compartments, a comprehensive list of assets, and deeper, API-driven reporting on Oracle VMs
- View OCI resources by business groups such as LOB, environment, cost center, etc.
- Provide users and LOBs with reports on actual cloud spend (showback)