- Gain Visibility Across Your Infrastructure
- Optimize Cloud Cost Management
- Increase Resource Utilization
- Identify Cloud Risks
- Migrate to the Cloud
- Manage Hybrid and Multi-Cloud Environments
- Scale Your Cloud More Efficiently
- Centralize Cloud Governance
- Looking for a solution specific to your industry?
- Contact Us
CloudHealth Helps Enterprises Better Manage Their Hybrid Clouds, Plan Successful Migrations
Industry-Leading Cloud Service Management Platform Offers On-Premises Infrastructure Integration and Migration Assessment
BOSTON – November 17, 2016 – CloudHealth Technologies, the leader in cloud service management, today announced increased support for enterprises seeking to manage cost, usage, performance and security in a hybrid environment. The company’s award-winning CloudHealth platform will integrate with on-premises physical and virtual servers to help customers manage across public clouds and data centers, and also offer integrated migration assessment capabilities.
As cloud adoption grows, so does the popularity of hybrid clouds: A recent study predicts that, by the end of 2017, companies will have moved 59 percent of their IT environments to the cloud (either public, private, or hybrid)1. This creates several challenges:
- Having assets split between private clouds, public clouds and data centers results in data silos that take a toll on visibility and make optimization difficult.
- Migrating workloads and applications from the data center to the cloud is a complex and daunting undertaking. According to Gartner, “Through 2020, 80% of organizations conducting a ‘lift-and-shift’ migration of internal business applications from their own data centers to public cloud IaaS will not achieve meaningful cost savings.”2
CloudHealth addresses both of these pain points. The platform consolidates data from multiple sources into a single view in order to analyze cost, usage, performance and security. By integrating with on-premises servers, CloudHealth customers gain visibility into performance and costs associated with their on-premises environment, so they can continuously optimize it. Moreover, CloudHealth simplifies the overall migration process by analyzing and modeling workloads based on utilization or configuration to achieve cost savings. CloudHealth also integrates with AWS Application Discovery Service to discover and map all assets running in an application. The result is a faster and more accurate discovery process, which accelerates the migration of on-premises infrastructure. The Migration Assessment includes:
- Analysis of interdependencies of applications and infrastructure to be migrated
- Recommendations on which instance types and reservations to purchase
- Total cost associated with migrating the application
“We have complicated applications – moving even one has a ripple effect,” said Michael Coats, Cloud Engineer, Technology Services, at Kalamazoo Regional Educational Service Agency. “We’re planning a migration, figuring out where workloads will go, and how to make it as cost effective as possible by doing things like optimizing Reserved Instances. CloudHealth will help us do exactly that, so we can achieve maximum ROI without straining resources.”
End users aren’t the only ones who see significant value in CloudHealth’s Migration Assessment capabilities. “At SHI, we work with a variety of customers, many of whom are new to public cloud services. They need help understanding which workloads they should migrate to the cloud and how much it will cost,” said Brett Grau, AWS Infrastructure and Services Specialist at SHI. “We offer a migration assessment service powered by CloudHealth to our customers to help them navigate and analyze their journey to the cloud.”
- IDG Enterprise: “2016 IDG Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey.” November 1, 2016.
- Gartner: “Can You Save Money Migrating to Cloud IaaS?”, by Lydia Leong. June 30, 2016.
- Video: The CloudHealth Migration Assessment
- Solution Brief: CloudHealth Migration Assessment for Amazon Web Services
- Blog: Migrating Applications from the Data Center to the Cloud
About CloudHealth Technologies
CloudHealth, the recognized worldwide leader in the growing Cloud Service Management industry, provides integrated reporting, recommendations and active policy management to help companies control the problems associated with “cloud chaos.” Our comprehensive platform gives enterprise companies and MSPs the ability to visualize, optimize and govern their cloud and hybrid environments. By providing analysis and deep insight into historical trends, capacity planning, resource optimization and resource automation, CloudHealth enables stakeholders ranging from C-level executives to engineers, cloud specialists, architects, IT directors and LOB managers to improve performance and drive value through their cloud ecosystems. Well-known organizations that rely on CloudHealth’s capabilities and expertise include Amtrak, Dow Jones, Acquia, and Sumo Logic, among others. Based in Boston, the company is backed by Sapphire Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, .406 Ventures and Sigma Prime Ventures.