CloudHealth by VMware recently hosted the 2021 CloudLIVE Solution Provider Summit, a virtual event with more than 700 attendees tuning in live around the globe, designed to educate, inspire, and enable the global partner community to succeed in the age of digital transformation.
The summit included a packed agenda of keynotes, breakout sessions, case studies, and training courses, featuring technical experts, external industry leaders, and speakers from AWS, Google Cloud, The FinOps Foundation, VMware, leading global partners, and more.
Especially when we’re not able to meet in person, the CloudLIVE Solution Provider Summit was a great way to bring the entire partner community together to share best practices, celebrate wins, and kick off another successful year.Head of Global Channel and Americas Field Marketing, CloudHealth by VMware
With all the sessions and content the event had to offer, we wanted to cover the major highlights and key announcements you may have missed. Let’s get started!
Top-rated sessions from the partner community
Based on feedback from our post-event survey, the top-rated sessions from the 2021 CloudLIVE Solution Provider Summit were the following:
- Creating Customers for Life keynote: Sandy Hogan, Sr. Vice President, Worldwide Commercial and Partner Sales at VMware kicked off the cloud event of the year for the partner community with expert guidance on how to create customers for life. This session explored how the cloud is creating a massive opportunity for partners and how a connected partner ecosystem is vital to success. Attendees also heard first-hand partner transformation success stories from Atea and Softchoice.
- A Data-Driven Approach to Customer Success: Successful, outcome-focused organizations leverage data to make decisions, predict customer behavior, and optimize their customer journeys. In this session, leaders at Gainsight and the CloudHealth Customer Success team shared how to leverage data analytics to drive customer success.
- Bringing Your Customers to the Cloud with AWS: This session, led by Softcat, discussed the most successful strategies for partners looking to capitalize on cloud adoption and migration opportunities, including building and managing environments according to AWS Well-Architected best practices, leveraging the AWS Marketplace, and navigating the best discounts for customers.
- Taking the Next Step in Your Cloud Management Maturity: Both partners and direct cloud consumers typically progress through four different phases in their cloud maturity journey. This session explored how the cloud management maturity model can help partners build cloud services to drive and govern their customer's cloud investments today and in the future, at all stages of the cloud journey.
See what you missed! You can watch these sessions (and many more) on-demand by clicking on this link.
CloudHealth Partner of the Year Awards
To help recognize and inspire our partner community, each year we identify CloudHealth Partner of the Year Award winners. In addition to our regional categories, this year, we expanded the awards to also recognize partners by specific cloud services and performance (e.g. Innovation, AWS Management, etc.). You can see all of this year’s winners in our article here, along with other exciting partner updates, resources, and program highlights from the past year.
Training and certification sessions
Attendees also had the opportunity to watch CloudHealth platform technical training throughout the day, proving to be a popular choice for attendees between sessions! Some of the training topics included:
- Platform Administration: Covered proper configuration for data accuracy and walks through implementing key features of the CloudHealth Platform
- Perspectives: Provided a framework by which you can categorize all the assets within your customers’ and your own infrastructure by team, project, application, cost center, and more
- Cloud Management: Demonstrated how CloudHealth can save you and your customers time and money, from analyzing and purchasing Reserved Instances, to rightsizing your cloud resources
- Reporting: Highlighted how to use CloudHealth reports and dashboards to identify patterns in your customers’ and your own spending, and best practices for managing budgets
- Cloud Governance: Explained how to leverage policies, alerts, and cloud automation to help manage your customers’ and your own infrastructures
See all the training and certification prep sessions on-demand by following this link here.
Fun stats and feedback from the partner community
Still need convincing to check out some of these session replays? Don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what some of your peers who attended had to say:
- 100% of attendee survey respondents said they would attend another CloudLIVE Solution Provider Summit
- Nearly 80% of attendee survey respondents found the content to be at just the right technical level
- 91% of attendee survey respondents said they would recommend colleagues watch the content on-demand
- “The event validated our strategy, and the technical training add-on was invaluable," said an attendee survey respondent
- "We thought the event was great. There was a lot of valuable content that helped several key people in strategically important teams to buy into our CloudHealth Partnership and to take our service to their customers,” stated an attendee survey respondent
You can see the session recordings you missed by following this link. And if you’re not currently part of the CloudHealth Partner Program, but interested in learning more, see our program overview here, along with key benefits, resources, and partner testimonials. Alternatively, you can connect with our team directly via this link.