According to Gartner, enterprises will spend more than $90 billion on cloud IaaS services by 20221. In addition, 75% of enterprise customers seeking cloud managed infrastructure-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service solutions will require multicloud capabilities from a cloud managed service provider2. There’s a tremendous opportunity for cloud Managed Service Providers (MSPs) if they know how to deliver value and drive positive business outcomes.
But the challenge for cloud MSPs is how to accurately measure the value they deliver to their customer base. As the cloud MSP business becomes more and more competitive, you can’t just wing it. You need to be data-driven and continuously measure key performance indicators (KPIs) that reflect the health of your customer base over time, so you can maximize customer retention and customer lifetime value.
Introducing CloudHealth Customer Health Analytics
CloudHealth Cloud MSP partners rely on CloudHealth Customer Success Services (CSS) for rapid onboarding, extensive platform training, and access to CloudHealth’s knowledge and expertise.
Now, as part of CSS, partners have access to a new valuable service, Customer Health Analytics. Customer Health Analytics provides CloudHealth partners with a detailed analysis of the health of their cloud business and their customers’ cloud environment, benchmarked against their peers.
A proven methodology to optimize customer health
More than just data or a report, Customer Health Analytics combines detailed data and a proven methodology for cloud MSPs to measure the health of their customer base. It can be difficult for cloud MSPs to develop and track a plethora of KPIs and metrics and create a meaningful picture of their business.
CloudHealth tracks multiple performance markers and develops an overall health score with trends over time. With CSS and Customer Health Analytics, you’ll get deeper visibility into your business, a health score that encapsulates multiple data points, and a monthly deep-dive analysis with a dedicated CloudHealth Technical Account Manager (TAM).
- Gain visibility into your cloud business. The challenge for MSPs is how to define success, measure it over time, and compare it to industry peers. Based on a detailed, aggregate set of data points from direct customers and partners, Customer Health Analytics provides key metrics for understanding the health of your business. Metrics include net retention, cloud spend per customer, changes in cloud spending over time, and variance against spending forecasts. Developed from detailed data, you’ll get an aggregate score you can use to evaluate business and customer health, and benchmark against peers.
- Analyze health scores. Customer Health Analytics is a measured approach to how CloudHealth defines the health of a customer, providing a health score that's developed using your customers’ actual implementation and thousands of data points captured from direct partners and customers, and maintained over time. Customer Health Analytics is a proven methodology we share with our partners so they can maintain customer health and long-term value for their customers.
- Monthly analysis and go-to-market expertise. Data is only as valuable as the analysis that transforms it into usable information. A monthly readout of your Customer Health Analytics score is included with CSS. Each month, your CloudHealth Technical Account Manager (TAM) analyzes the data and gives you actionable insights. You’ll understand how CloudHealth develops the scores, how they’re trending, and how you can use that data to improve your business. You’ll have detailed information on churn rates, the status of tenants, cloud spending, and much more. With your TAM, you can drill down visually into health scores for specific customers. You’ll know whether you’re trending in the right direction and get recommendations for actions to help maintain and increase health scores over time.
Increase customer lifetime value
As part of CloudHealth by VMware’s world-class cloud success service, Customer Health Analytics adds even more value to your CloudHealth investment by providing detailed visibility and a simple, easy-to-understand score based on the metrics that define your customers’ experience and business outcomes.
If you’re an existing CloudHealth partner and you’d like more information on Customer Success Services and Customer Health Analytics, contact your partner TAM or log into the CloudHealth Partner Portal.
If you’d like more information about becoming a CloudHealth partner, visit us online at this link here.
1. Gartner Forecast Analysis: Public Cloud Services, Worldwide, Published 3 June 2020, https://www.gartner.com/en/documents/3985946/forecast-analysis-public-cloud-services-worldwide
2. Gartner, Predicts 2019: Increasing Reliance on Cloud Computing Transforms IT and Business Practices, 13 December 2018, https://www.gartner.com/en/documents/3895580/predicts-2019-increasing-reliance-on-cloud-computing-tra